Welcome back to my blog! I hope you have all had a lovely day. The other day I made these delicious cupcakes with a vintage feel and I thought I would share them on here. They are quite easy to make and would be great for parties or just with a nice cup of tea. If you would like to make these cupcakes then continue scrolling for the ingredients. :)
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
- 250g ready-to-roll white fondant icing
- Handful of Icing sugar
- Jam or Glace Icing to stick
Makes roughly 12 cupcakes
To make the Cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a cupcake tray with your cases. I used silver cases as I thought this worked particularly well in gaining the vintage feel.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffly. Beat in the eggs gradually and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a metal spoon. The mixture should be dropping consistency if not, add a tbsp of milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Leave to cool.
To make the Icing:
- Sprinkle some icing sugar onto your work space to prevent sticking.
- Roll out the fondant icing until it is about 5mm thin
- Using any cutters and embossers you like cut out and decorate the icing to fit the size of the cakes. (I used a frilled-edged cutter and floral embossers)
- Using a jam or glace icing, whichever you prefer carefully stick the icing to the cake. (Jam or glace icing will prevent the icing moving or falling off)
Now your cupcakes are ready to eat. Enjoy! :) ~JustClare x
P.S: If you make these cakes I would love to see them. Send me pictures on Twitter: @JustClare_Alley or on Instagram: JustClare_Alley. (Photos used are my own)