Saturday 23 April 2016

My Top 5 Lip Products

Hello welcome back to my blog! Firstly I just want to apologize for the lack of posts recently but I have exams coming up so I haven't had a lot of spare time, but I set aside a bit of time today to do this post. This post will basically just talk you through my top 5 lip products all of which I love and use on a regular basis. 


These are my top 5 favourite lip products (not in any particular order). From left: Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date, Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Matte Nude, Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Fig Leaf, Mac Satin Lipstick in Brave and Model Co Lipstick in Kitty. 


Firstly we have the Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date. As you can see from the photo the one I have is in the old packaging but this shade is still being sold in the new collection. I have used this a lot and its just a really wearable everyday shade. The formulation is really lovely and not sticky at all and not to mention that it smells like strawberries! Also its really easy to apply thanks to the soft, flexible applicator which helps the product to glide on. I would really recommend these lip glosses even if you are not a fan of lip gloss I would definitely give this a try, you might be pleasantly surprised. Its very affordable as well at the price of £5.99 from Superdrug or Feelunique. 


This next one is a Lipstick by Avon in the shade Matte Nude, a very creative name I know haha. This lipstick is the perfect matte as it doesn't dry out my lips at all but it definitely doesn't have any shine to it and its really long lasting as well. The colour is really stunning and makes for the perfect Kylie Jenner-esque  pout. Again quite affordable at the price of £5.50.


This next one is by Natural Collection which is exclusive to Boots. Its one of their moisture shine lipsticks in the shade Fig Leaf which is a light brown nude. This one has quite a smooth shiny finish to it and leaves your lips looking very natural. Its a very wearable everyday shade perfect for school or work and the cheapest by far at £1.99. I love wearing this lipstick underneath the Tanya Burr lip gloss as it makes for the perfect combination. 


This next one is by MAC and happens to be the only one I have ever owned and I absolutely adore it. I have the shade Brave which is a gorgeous dark pink nude and very easy to wear. It is one of their satin formulations which is almost matte but with slightly more moisture. I find this lipstick lasts a really long time and even after eating or drinking there is still colour left. This one is slightly more pricey at £15.50 so is perhaps one to save for or ask for as a present but is definitely worth the money.


Finally this last one is a lipstick by Model Co which I hadn't heard of until I received this in one of my Birchboxes, but I'm so glad I did because its now one of my favourites. I have the shade Kitty which is a really pretty pink nude, lighter than Brave. This lipstick has a really creamy texture which means it glides on effortlessly and feels really comfortable on the lips, whilst drying almost matte so again lasts well throughout the day. This one however is the most expensive at £17.00. 


The photo above shows them all swatched. From top left: Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date, Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Matte Nude, Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Fig Leaf, Mac Satin Lipstick in Brave and underneath is the Model Co Lipstick in Kitty.

 I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite lip products, let me know your favourites in the comments below. Speak to you soon. JustClare :) x

All photos and opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment