Sunday 15 May 2016

Revlon Haul

Hello and welcome back to my blog! I hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine. So today I decided to do a quick post on a few makeup bits I picked up yesterday in Boots. 


These are the products I picked up, I bought three products from Revlon as I needed a new foundation and it also happened to be on 3 for 2! Revlon is one of the brands that I had never really tried before. I would say its more on the pricey end of the drugstore but I've heard great things about them so I thought it was finally time to give them a go. 


So the foundation I bought is the Revlon ColorStay for Combination/Oily Skin in the shade 110 Ivory. I've heard so many good things about this foundation and so many people recommend it (including Tanya Burr) so I was interested to see what it was like especially because they do individual formulations for each skin type which is hard to find in a drugstore foundation. Last week I actually tested it on my hand but I wanted to give it a few hours to see how it felt on my skin as so many foundations I've tried dry really orange or patchy on me. This for me felt really lightweight but gave a good coverage and it didn't dry my skin out at all which I find happens with a lot of the foundations designed for oily skin types, so I decided to go back and get it! They have a good colour range and I was able to find a shade that was the perfect match for me, as I always find that the lightest shade is too light for me and the next shade up is too dark, but this was just right for me. I haven't worn this for a full day yet so I don't know whether it lives up to its claim of lasting for up to 24 hours, but it certainly looks promising. In terms of packaging it comes in a glass bottle with a plastic cap and a pump. The price of this foundation is £12.99 and you can find it at the drugstore or online.



I decided to take advantage of the 3 for 2 and so I picked up this Revlon Matte Balm in the shade 205 Elusive and as you can see from the swatch its a gorgeous deep pink colour. I've already tried this on my lips and although the colour is a lot brighter than I would normally go for, its perfect for the Summer months. I also love the formulation as it glides on like a lip balm and dries to a matte finish that is comfortable and not at all drying on the lips. As well as this is smells like mint and when you first apply it you get a slight tingling sensation which I actually quite like. There is a range of different colours available and the packaging is matte and corresponds with each lip colour. The product itself comes in the sort of crayon form and is fully retractable. The price of this is £7.99. If you want to see what it looks like then check out my new video over on my YouTube channel (https://youtu.be/vw7G3RQmseg) as its what I'm wearing on my lips.



The last thing I picked up was this Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the shade 460 Blushing Mauve which is one of their Pearl finishes. Lipstick is my biggest weakness, I can never have too many and I wanted to add this stunning colour to my collection. Its a similar colour to Matte balm but more of a rosy pink with a pearlescent shine to it. I haven't tried this on my lips yet but it looks like it will be really moisturising and comfortable to wear. This was also £7.99.

So that was everything I bought I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments what products you love from Revlon and would recommend. Speak to you soon. JustClare :) x

All photos and opinions are my own 














No comments:

Post a Comment